Making every step count towards wellness
More than 300 peopleCare employees chose wellness, together during our first-ever virtual Walk to Wellness from Oct. 16-31. Lacing up their shoes, staff made every step count as they collectively walked a whopping 20,000+ kms over a two-week period. The sense of camaraderie was inspiring as team members encouraged each other to work towards their personal km goals.
We couldn’t be happier to see our staff championing wellness and are excited to continue supporting employee wellbeing through our ongoing focus on Recovering Strong.
Here’s a roundup of how our dedicated teams kept each other and residents active and engaged, as they hosted many fun and wellness-focused events in our Homes:
- Over 100 Meaford LTC staff, residents, families, volunteers and surprise guests the Meaford Knights had some intergenerational fun as they explored the lovely Meaford community together. Including a quick pitstop to check out the exciting progress on their new Home opening Fall 2022!
- peopleCare Tavistock staff and residents enjoyed the sunshine, fresh air and good company during their Walk to Wellness stroll through town.
- Energizing music fueled motivation at peopleCare AR Goudie’s Walk to Wellness event as close to 50 staff and residents (plus one friendly, furry mascot) walked and danced their way through the Home.
- A great afternoon pick-me-up, Golden Years LTC staff and residents got their groove on during the Home’s Walk to Wellness Zumba class.
- Adventuring together through the Home, staff and residents cleared their minds and enjoyed some physical activity at peopleCare Oakcrossing LTC’s Walk to Wellness event.
- The daily “Smoothie Shack” was a big hit of peopleCare Oakcrossing Retirement Living’s Walk to Wellness week, complemented by educational events focused on the importance of health & wellness.
- Delhi LTC staff and residents let their inner child shine during their Walk to Wellness laughter yoga event focused on positivity, optimism and movement!
- Rejuvenating (and punny) rest stations kept everyone motivated as peopleCare Hilltop Manor staff and residents participated in a 12-hour Walk to Wellness relay race.
- peopleCare’s Leadership Support Office hit the trails in to get some Walk to Wellness steps in and admire the natural beauty in our own backyard.
Every step taken took towards personal wellness during our Walk also benefits someone else! In recognition of our staff and their efforts these past two weeks, peopleCare will now make a $15,000 contribution to MEDA’s Nigeria WAY Project. Thanks to donation matching from Global Affairs Canada, the impact of that donation is an outstanding $90,000!