Services and Amenities
The safety and security of each resident is our primary concern, so peopleCare Tavistock Long Term Care Home provides all of our residents with the contentment of home and the added assurance of trained nursing as required.
- 24 hour Physician on-call
- 24 hour Registered Nursing Services
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Recreation and Leisure Programs
- Dietitian and Food & Hospitality Services
- Restorative Care Programming (dining, walking, grooming and dressing)
- Environmental Services (laundry, housekeeping and maintenance)
- Palliative Care Services
- Family and Resident Councils
- Support Groups
- Family oriented and friendly staff with quality focused care
- An AC unit is available for each room should a resident request it*
*AC will be available in all resident rooms in the new Tavistock LTC.
Stay up to date with our newsletter:
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of services are provided in Long-Term Care Homes?
- shared dining room, TV rooms and other living areas
- nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis
- access to health professionals
- individual care plan (reviewed every 3 months)
- furnishings (e.g., bed and chair)
- meals (including special diets)
- bed linens and laundry
- personal hygiene supplies
- individualized religious and spiritual services
- social and recreational programs
- medical services
- assistance with activities of daily living
How much does it cost to live in a Long-Term Care Home?
What possessions do I bring to a Long-Term Care Home?
How can I report a concern related to a long-term care home?
Where can I learn more about Long-Term Care Homes in my area?
How do I move into a Long-Term Care Home?
- determine your eligibility
- tell you about homes in your area
- tell you about costs
- help you apply
- find your region online
- call 310-2222 (no area code required if in Ontario)