peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing Canadian owned and family-operated organization in senior living. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our vision to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff, and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the design, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, completion, and project closeout phases of our development projects with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating, and directing work of consultants and contractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties as well has have an understanding of the Senior Living Industry and/or the Ministry of Long Term Care Design Standards.
The Project Manager will be responsible for maintaining relationships in the development and construction community to gain market intelligence as well as ensure consideration for future business development opportunities.
Other requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to organize and manage multiple projects effectively, to manage cost control systems, review and analyze plans, facilitate the bidding/negotiations/buyout process with general contractor, review all forms (bidding, construction, or other) of requests for information (RFI’s), examine and negotiate change orders, and review and comment on submittals.
The Project Manager should be generally versed in jurisdictional and architectural design requirements, applicable codes, as well as all associated development/construction due diligence reporting including, but not limited to, environmental, and geotechnical reporting. The successful candidate must be highly skilled in budgeting and scheduling with strong verbal and writing skills.
The Project Manager will typically work on multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work in a fast‐paced, multi‐task environment, balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments.
- Facilitate the development of cost estimates that include conceptual estimates prior to design as well as detailed time and materials estimates from design documents.
- Facilitate the development of pre‐bid schedules from design documents and analyze monthly construction contractor schedule updates; develop progress payments based on schedule updates; assist with recovery schedules.
- Maintain company database relative to market conditions labor rates affecting job costs as well as projections required to help estimate costing for projects to evaluate RFP from industry.
- Occasionally, develop and make presentations to groups to include internal and external stakeholders, and host public consultation meetings.
- Manage the construction/project cost estimate and ensure that project stays on budget and make recommendations for corrective action/cost saving initiatives.
- Establish a cost control program and prepare a cash flow forecast for the project, in consultation with the Director, Financial Planning and Development.
- Review and update the project schedule with timelines, and costings and ensure regular updates are provided to the project executive steering committee.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives to the executive steering committee for the development project.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of an organization, including the ability to partner with consultants to ensure analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related to construction management to ensure project success.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners as well as defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels.
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks, and value to Business Objectives and establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related, and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations.
- Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports and manages financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and provide progress reports as milestones are met to the executive steering committee.
- Understands, tracks, and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction) and hold current PMP Designation (Project Management Professional)
- Minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of experience in construction with emphasis in complex, fast track, or phased project delivery.
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem‐solving ability, specifically the ability to access resources inside and outside of the company.
- Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level with significant independence.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks to achieve both corporate and project goals as well as have strong communication skills – verbal, pictorial, numerical – as relevant to the development process.
- Strategic thinker demonstrated by ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understanding of organization’s strengths & weaknesses; accurate and thorough analyses of costs and market conditions; identification of external issues and opportunities; and adaptation of strategy to changing conditions.
- Business acumen demonstrated by understanding of business implications of decisions; knowledge of market and competition; and alignment of work with strategic goals.
- Superior negotiating skills and a personable negotiator who demonstrates leadership skills, with confidence in self and others; ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; and ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
- Problem solving expertise, demonstrated by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; working with others to solve complex issues as well as Interpersonal skills, demonstrated by considering and responding appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; tactfulness; treating others with respect; and relating effectively to others when encountering difficult situations.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; scheduling software such as MSProject, or other.
- Requires the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time. Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines.