Office Manager – Meaford Long Term Care
peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences in long-term care and retirement living. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas and are always looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths include our investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast as continue to expand our horizons and seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living! That’s where your talents and ideas come in! If you enjoy challenges and working with people – and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff and partners! – then apply to the great opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare team, this position will provide administrative, accounting and payroll support for the long-term care home while ensuring efficient office practices. This position provides the initial contact representing the corporate mission, vision and values to resident families and all other visitors. Maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data while assisting the Executive Director.
Reports to: Executive Director/Administrator
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents, visitors, service providers and staff and manages the admissions process for new residents and discharges
- Manages the Point Click Care system for user access and responsible for the auditing of these records to ensure only those authorized have access to the system.
- Accountable for the financial transactions through Point Click Care and Yardi to ensure proper compliance to company policies and procedures. (
- Prepare and submit monthly billings to residents, government agencies and other third parties for payment processing and mange outstanding accounts
- Disburse, balance, and replenish facility petty cash funds and administer trust accounts for the residents in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
- Prepare bank deposits and complete reconciliations for accounts and work with the finance team in the corporate office to ensure accuracy of all financial records.
- Apply the rate reduction application process for residents and ensure that accounts are processed timely, and work with the social worker to assist residents and families with the application process when required.
- Manage Accounts receivable / collections and processing all vendor payables within the home and ensure timelines for payment are met as per contractual obligations.
- Payroll duties including data entry and preparing payroll for submission for the home to the payroll department and ensure that all required supporting documentation is available to support any pay change requests as per internal processes, as well as the collective agreements.
- Orders or delegates orders of administration supplies for the home and manage with the assigned supply budget for the home.
- Manage and Maintain current knowledge of information required by various government or other agencies regarding resident’s personal information.
- Maintain and prepare internal reports for home as required or directed by the Leadership Service Office or the Administrator/Executive Director of the Home.
- Process paperwork associated with Resident admission on day of admission, contracts, OAS, involuntary separation etc. and work to ensure that admission process is properly administered across the home.
- Participate in the accreditation process and ensure that documentation is maintained as per the quality management systems within the home for the Business Office to ensure compliance.
- Ensure annual renewal for resident contracts is completed and documented as per company process.
- Coordinate monitor & facilitate all support requests in the home and support the families.
- Responsible for one-mail-email and clinical connect set up for the home, as well as for the System Access Request Process for the IT Department to ensure user ID set up is done properly, and access is to the appropriate level required for the role.
- Manage payments and queries concerning billing from residents and/or families.
- Responsible for annual rate changes and processing them appropriately and timely as per the Ministry Directives.
- Prepare bank deposits, and forward appropriate documentation the Leadership Support Services Office
- Complete Ministry of Health applications for Rate Reduction and exceptional circumstances in conjunction with resident/family as required.
- Manage the documentation in collaboration with the Director of Nursing for all High Intensity Needs funding claims as well as assist with the tracking for all other funding requirements.
- Review’s payroll variance in conjunction with timecard exceptions and reconciled.
- Ensure current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime, and sick pay.
- Administers the employee benefits program and ensure new employees have completed all appropriate Employment Data Forms and Benefit Enrolment Form, as well as administers the pension plan for the employees as per the Collective Agreement Milestones.
- Maintain personnel files, including performance reviews, in-service and education records through the Learning Management System for the Home.
- Supports the Attendance Management Program for all departments by running reports and following up with Department Leaders when exceptions are noted.
- Completes any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years progressive related experience
- 2-year college diploma in business administration or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail; ability to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in long term care industry in a unionized environment is an important asset
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact efficiently and courteously with residents, public, employees and volunteers.