peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences in long-term care and retirement living. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas and are always looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths include our investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast as continue to expand our horizons and seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living! That’s where your talents and ideas come in! If you enjoy challenges and working with people – and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff and partners! – then apply to the great opportunity below!
The Business Analyst will focus on peopleCare’s information and technology systems; will proactively analyze business needs and propose suitable systems or process changes as needed. The Business Analyst is ideally a strong systems-thinker, who can collaborate well with our multi-site Operations Teams and third-party providers. The Business Analyst is a motivated self-starter who takes direction well and must be open and excited to learn new systems and technologies. They should be customer service-oriented and learn techniques to best support organizational goals. The Business Analyst is responsible for making informed recommendations to assist decision making and to support our leadership teams and subject matter experts through the adoption of meaningful and value-add technology solutions.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Consistently assess opportunities to streamline and optimize business processes through information systems.
- Plan, organize and conduct business process assessments and requirements gathering to identify business needs in support of new system implementations, or changes to existing ones.
- Develop requirements and analyze the functional and cost feasibility of systems enhancements to ensuring the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Conduct market research and cost benefit analyses to support findings and inform business decisions.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for internal records and for use in training.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental leaders, end-users, subject matter experts and vendors in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of IT systems and resources, to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Act as Project Manager for system changes and implementations, ensuring effective planning, resourcing and communication.
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents core business rules, functions and requirements.
- Define, document and visually model workflows, in support approved process changes.
- Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
- Develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service.
- Develops information system documentation to support efficient operations; prepares reports and written findings and recommendations.
- Prioritize tasks based on business needs and requirements, while working on multiple assignments.
- Act as a Change Management leader – troubleshooting, escalating and managing results as needed.
- Promote and ensure systems security compliance with legislation, contracts, and company policies.
- Develop and enhance data, user and cyber security protocols, through policy and ensure adoption.
- Act as system Administrator for core information systems – as needed.
- Monitor IT assets and resources through reporting and audits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Informatics, or other related discipline
- 3-5 years of IT project management experience, including end-to-end system implementation.
- Experience working with cloud-based information systems particularly – in the areas of Accounting, Property Management, Electronic Medical Records, CRM, HCM/HRIS
- Strong time management skills, along with well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance, User Acceptance testing and documentation.
- Experience working in a task and goal-oriented team focus environment.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in teams