Assistant Director of Care – Oakcrossing Long Term Care
peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare Management team, this position will collaborate with the nursing staff to ensure an advance standard of clinical resident practice and care outcomes. Accountable to the Executive Director of Nursing/Director of Nursing Care, this position will exhibit a role model in care provision through mentorship and leadership.
Reports to: Director of Care/Director of Nursing
- Complete assigned duties as directed by Executive Director Nursing/Director Nursing Care
- Ensure mandatory clinical programs are carried out as per peopleCare policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assuming the lead for specified mandatory programs as delegated by Manager lead.
- Ensures education and resources available to the nursing department as delegated by Leader of department.
- Acts as a resource to nursing department
- Participates in performance appraisals for members of the nursing department.
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the Executive Director of Nursing/Director of Nursing Care
- Participates in quality program and monitors and tracks indicators as delegated by Department leader.
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Ensures staff maintains a safe workplace environment through implementation of safe work practices.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities as per peopleCare policies and procedures
- Develops a personal performance plan including education and quality assurance in consultation and discussion with managerial lead.
- Assists with counselling and discipline of all nursing staff as per manager lead.
- Provides leadership for evidence based practice.
- Communicates nursing staff issues to the Executive Director of Nursing/Director of Nursing Care as required.
- Assists with hiring of nursing personnel including PSW, RPN and RN staff.
- Keeps abreast of new trends in the field of LTC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous nursing experience
- Annual CPR recertification